You’re a creative and critical thinker who draws from a solid mix of brand experience and business acumen. Our agency is expanding its brand strategy services and needs your expertise. The Brand Strategist inspires our clients to make smart decisions about the future of their organizations. To support them, the Brand Strategist facilitates sessions, defines strategic roadmaps and crafts impactful brand narratives.
We’re a growing agency, so we wear many hats. To be a great fit for this position, you should champion the creative and strategic work we do and embrace a fast pace of change and growth. This senior-level position works alongside agency leadership.
On a typical day, you’ll engage in:
- Brand Strategy: Draw from audience insight to plan and sell positioning strategies at the heart of integrated marketing initiatives. Once approved, you’ll lead plan implementation, from visual identity oversight to compelling messaging execution.
- Client Engagement: Lead, build and strengthen client relationships as a valued advisor working to understand their challenges as they evolve
- Research Oversight: As the leader of the brand team, you’ll support the growth of the agency by proactively presenting research solutions to prospects and clients at the beginning of the relationship and ongoing as needed. You’ll oversee research partners to ensure the validity of insight and its use to suit client objectives.
- Strategic Facilitation: You’ll facilitate brand meetings with clients throughout the brand development process. This includes strategic whiteboard sessions and presentations to achieve team buy-in.
- Content Strategy Mentorship: You’ll bridge the gap between brand strategy and content mission by mentoring the content team in building demonstrative stories in support of brand goals. This may include content strategy development and editorial support.
- EOS Seat: We use the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) to achieve operational efficiencies within our agency. You’ll own the “Services Delivery” seat, which oversees both account management and creative services, offering neutral ground to mediate issues and lead agency growth initiatives. This will require participation in Level 10 meetings and annual management retreats.
What you’ll bring:
- A growth mindset: Eager to identify and lead new opportunities with intention and confidence.
- A passion for the written word: Energy to mold and shape messages on the daily.
- Action and accountability: A strong work ethic with a willingness to own mistakes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Strong tolerance for the ups and downs of a small business with big goals.
- Positive presence: Encouraging energy and focus when leading or listening in a room with others.
- Service leadership: Respect and adaptation for others to ensure a happy, drama-free, productive culture.
To qualify, you must have:
- 8+ years of agency or brand management experience with a specialty in written communication
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing/business/communications
Why join us at Muse?
- Award-Winning Agency: Not only are we awarded for our stellar creative work, but we’ve also won the Weatherhead 100 Award two years in a row for our aggressive growth.
- Supportive Team: We cultivate an environment where both your professional and personal goals are celebrated! Our team champions each other’s growth.
- Opportunity for Growth: Muse is an agency on the rise. We have bold growth goals for the agency and those who work hard to make it a success.
- Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work environment, Muse culture events and focus on team wellness are just a few ways we are committed to a balanced life.
- In the Heart of it All: The Muse office space is an airy loft in downtown Cleveland. Take advantage of all there is to see, do and eat (one of our favorite things to do!) within minutes of Muse.
We’re seeking a leader whose strong communication skills and thoughtful personality build client trust. An ideal candidate also shares our cultural values of Honest Accountability, Collective Curiosity, Emotional Harmony and Inspired Creativity.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be! We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds with unique perspectives, skills and experiences. Employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and values alignment.
Muse is located in downtown Cleveland; our clients are nationwide. We currently split our week between home and our airy loft space; remote candidates need not apply.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're a good fit for the role, we’ll get back with you shortly.
More Good Reads
Rebranding Your Family Business: Unique Challenges & Opportunities
Learn how rebranding a family business is made easier when you work with a branding agency with generational business experience.
How to Uncover the Most Value from Your Agency Experience
Use these points to get the most value out of your marketing investment.