Now Hiring: Be Our Next Graphic Designer
You’re a resourceful, enthusiastic mid-level creative with experience in collaboration and fast-paced project execution. Our agency is growing and needs your solid design expertise. The Graphic Designer seamlessly blends artistry and functionality to create visually appealing designs that effectively communicate our clients’ desired messages.
This position in our Creative Department reports to and collaborates with the Creative Director. Together, you’ll devise and execute concepts, designs and ideas for a variety of media. To be a great fit for this role, you should have an eye for detail, passion for excellent design and desire for organization.
As a Graphic Designer at Muse, your responsibilities include the following:
Design Execution: Interpret and translate creative strategy into concepts that activate in a variety of media—including digital (websites, emails, infographics, social) and print (brand guidelines, collateral, content pdfs)
- Maintain creative excellence while seeking ways to innovate and improve efficiency and scalability
- Ability to jump into any stage of a design project; from conception to completion
- Design web pages, brochures, logos, signs, ads and social media graphics for communication and marketing campaigns
- Review and proofread for any errors or defects in final files
- Perform retouching and image manipulation as needed
Creative Problem Solving: Successfully communicate design ideas with a strong point of view aligned to the brand values and vision, both verbally and visually
- Understand creative briefs, problem solving, and troubleshoot various design issues and challenges
- Work with Account & Strategy teams to successfully achieve vision and maintain company standards
- Communicate any necessary changes with leadership for final approval
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications
Technical Proficiency & Industry Knowledge: Demonstrate expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and G-Suite with a keen understanding and ability to interpret the latest trends in print and digital design
- Interpret and apply brand systems through type and graphics
- Utilize type design both for digital and print
- Apply knowledge of web/digital design principles
- Regularly work within Adobe Suite and other design software
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in graphic design
- Proven portfolio with strong grasp of typography, design, color and layout
- Possess a strong design sensibility with the ability to develop a range of deliverables, including presentation design, creating brand identities, print collateral, infographics and more
- Understanding and experience in file preparation and production
- 4-5+ years experience as a Graphic Designer with some agency experience
- Proficiency in working with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, time/project management and organizational ability
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail throughout the concepting, design and production process
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to design in PowerPoint...occasionally
- You enjoy a wide range of work where no two days are exactly the same
- You’re a self starter who works well with both independent work time and collaboration.
- Bonus skills: Experience working in Canva, familiarity with HTML and CSS and digital prototyping platforms like Figma
- Extra bonus: Experience in motion graphics and storyboarding for video
Why join us at Muse?
- Award-Winning Agency: Not only are we awarded for our stellar creative work, but we’ve also won the Weatherhead 100 Award two years in a row for our aggressive growth.
- Supportive Team: We cultivate an environment where both your professional and personal goals are celebrated! Our team champions each other’s growth.
- Opportunity for Growth: Muse is an agency on the rise. We have bold growth goals for the agency and those who work hard to make it a success.
- Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work environment, Muse culture events and focus on team wellness are just a few ways we are committed to a balanced life.
- In the Heart of it All: The Muse office space is an airy loft in downtown Cleveland. Take advantage of all there is to see, do and eat (one of our favorite things to do!) within minutes of Muse.
An ideal candidate shares our cultural values of Honest Accountability, Collective Curiosity, Emotional Harmony and Inspired Creativity.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be! We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds with unique perspectives, skills and experiences. Employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and values alignment.
Muse is located in downtown Cleveland; our clients are nationwide. We currently split our week between home and our airy loft space; remote candidates need not apply.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're a good fit for the role, we’ll get back with you shortly.