You’re the master of your content universe, drawing from years of social, blog and newsletter projects to snap together highly creative and compelling communications for yourself and others.
Our agency is expanding our content services and needs your help! The Content Developer is the ultimate hybrid role, splitting your time between writing and design. This is an ideal position for a do-it-all marketing coordinator, a social influencer or solopreneur seeking the comradery of a team, or an agency creative looking to level up.
This mid-level position works in support of our Content Manager and Creative Director to develop social posts, blogs, newsletters and design projects for a client roster of food and wellness clients.
We’re a growing agency, so we wear many hats. To be a great fit for this position, you should be comfortable with change and be ready to roll up your sleeves to dive in where needed. You’ll work on multiple projects and various clients all in the same day, so high attention to detail and organization is a must! The Content Developer is responsible for:
- Writing Support: Draft social media posts, long-form articles, reports and eBooks for Muse and clients in collaboration with our Content Manager. Having the fundamentals of writing and the stamina to learn more are required. Use of AI as a research assistant is strongly encouraged. Knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus.
- Design Support: Ability to use various software and platforms (Adobe CC, Canva, etc.) to create, design and edit content like presentations, social posts and videos. This is a great opportunity to showcase your creative side.
- Content Proofing & Population: Proof written and designed projects to ensure professional, error-free work. Populate and schedule approved content in different systems, including MailChimp, WordPress, HubSpot and social media platforms. Experience with these systems is strongly preferred.
- Video Creation and Editing: Create fun, entertaining Reels or TikToks and edit existing video footage for ongoing social use. Learn more about the wild world of video production working on location with experienced video producers and directors.
- Digital Asset Management: Download, upload and organize assets for Muse and clients in our cloud-based asset management systems.
What you’ll bring:
- A growth mindset: Eager to identify and lead new opportunities with intention and confidence.
- Action and accountability: A strong work ethic with a willingness to own mistakes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Strong tolerance for the ups and downs of a small business with big goals.
- Positive Presence: Encouraging energy and focus when leading or listening in a room with others.
- Service leadership: Respect and adaptation for others to ensure a happy, drama-free, productive culture.
To qualify, you must have:
- 3-5+ years of content development experience in both writing and design
- Fluency in Canva and basic experience in Adobe Suite; CRM and WordPress experience a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing/business/communications
Why join us at Muse?
- Award-Winning Agency: Not only are we awarded for our stellar creative work, but we’ve also won the Weatherhead 100 Award three years in a row for our aggressive growth.
- Supportive Team: We cultivate an environment where both your professional and personal goals are celebrated! Our team champions each other’s growth.
- Opportunity for Growth: Muse is an agency on the rise. We have bold growth goals for the agency and those who work hard to make it a success.
- Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work environment, Muse culture events and focus on team wellness are just a few ways we are committed to a balanced life.
- In the Heart of it All: The Muse office space is an airy loft in downtown Cleveland. Take advantage of all there is to see, do and eat (one of our favorite things to do!) within minutes of Muse.
We’re seeking a go-getter creative who’s ready to shine among peers. Our ideal candidate also shares our cultural values of Honest Accountability, Collective Curiosity, Emotional Harmony and Inspired Creativity.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be! We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds with unique perspectives, skills and experiences. Employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and values alignment.
Base salary: $55,000 - $60,000
Muse is located in downtown Cleveland; our clients are nationwide. We currently split our week between home and our airy loft space; remote candidates need not apply.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Resumes submitted with thoughtful cover letters get first look! If you're a good fit for the role, we’ll get back with you shortly. Please be ready to share your portfolio – we can’t wait to see it!
More Good Reads
Rebranding Your Family Business: Unique Challenges & Opportunities
Learn how rebranding a family business is made easier when you work with a branding agency with generational business experience.
Now Hiring: Be Our Next Graphic Designer