Be Our Next Copywriter
Join our dynamic, fast-paced marketing agency.
Muse needs a new writer. But not just any writer. We’re looking for a mid-level, multi-faceted copy and content writer who is fluent in the fine art of writing to convince and convert. The right candidate is a well-read, well-heeled person of discriminating copywriting taste. In other words, someone who turns a nose up at trite concepts and overused phrases. This writer must punctuate with perfection. Alliterate with ease. Concept collaboratively, then cross the t’s and dot the i’s all the way through final approval.
This is an ideal job for a marketer who embraces the buyer journey and can connect the dots along the way. You’ll be well rewarded for your efforts, building a solid and diverse portfolio to include a client roster of game-changing brands both large and small. Between 5-8 years of agency experience is a must, with consideration given to more tenured copywriters as well.
*This is a full-time, Cleveland-based position. Freelancers need not apply.*
When applying, please include your cover letter and resume with application, along with a link to samples. Please email these materials to email@example.com.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Copywriting and content writing hybrid - experience with both genres
- Ability to write high-volume and stay focused for depth
- Ability to independently prioritize and project manage assigned responsibilities and deadlines in a fluid environment
- Experience collaborating with designers to proactively discuss visual opportunities
- Strong interview style and curiosity
- Accustomed to agency pressures, including project delivery on time and under budget
- Excited about team collaboration, feedback and group brainstorming
- Some management and delegation experience to oversee freelancers and build content marketing department
- Mailchimp experience - segmentation and other email platforms are a bonus!
- Conceptual and critical thinking
- Bonus: Brainstorm facilitation experience
- Editorial calendar development experience - including best practices and associated tools for brand blog, social media and newsletter/inbound
- Ability to identify and define the compelling and unique angle or twist of a story
- Familiarity with uploading/populating content to website CMS systems such as WordPress, Hubspot, Marketo, etc.
- Mindfulness of SEO best practices in content marketing
- Awareness of KPIs and content marketing metrics
- Basic marketing acumen - what works, when and why
- Project management experience
- Content strategy and marketing background
- Social media management - both strategy and execution
- Minimal experience with Canva, Hootsuite and other social media tools
- Good eye for design, typography and photography